Montage of aviation images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the aviation archive

Aviation Archive: Aviation Heritage

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

The new Royal Mail facility in 1997

The new Royal Mail facility in 1997

Go back to the records from the 2003 map.

G1171. After West Works had been demolished, the area was leased to the Royal Mail who built a new sorting office for mail and parcels on the land. This gave them excellent connection to the motorway network and aircraft delivery. The end of the north/south runway is used to park aircraft that are currently not used.
PublisherRolls Royce plc
ContributorRolls-Royce Heritage Trust
Creatorcorporatename - Rolls Royce Plc
Datecreation - Circa 1997
TypePhotographic prints - Colour
Formatdimension.H - 200 mm
dimension.W - 240 mm
IdentifierR97.1308.23
SourceRolls-Royce Heritage Trust
LanguageEN
Relation
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Filton
Location.Current Site - Rolls Royce Plc
RightsRolls-Royce plc