Montage of aviation images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the aviation archive

Aviation Archive: Aviation Heritage

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

The Original Tram Sheds Next to Filton House

The Original Tram Sheds Next to Filton House

Go back to the map or view all the records from this map.

G1596. This building was where the original Tram Sheds were situated next to Filton House. It is being used to make component parts, and coils of wire are being used. There is to the left of the picture a drop hammer, and cable ducts for the three phase electricity supply. It became the main machine shop during the First World War. However, by the 1960's it had been extended in all directions into an assembly Shop again. All the staff, including the one woman are wearing protective coveralls.
PublisherBristol Aeroplane Company Limited
ContributorRolls-Royce Plc
Creatorcorporatename - Bristol Aeroplane Company Ltd
Datecreation - Circa 1930's onwards
TypePhotographic prints - Black and White Photograph
Formatdimension.W - 236 mm
dimension.H - 180 mm
Identifier17976
SourceRolls Royce plc
LanguageEN
Relation
Coverageperiod - Circa 1930 onwards
Location.Creation Site - Filton
RightsBristol Aeroplane Company/Rolls-Royce