Montage of aviation images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the aviation archive

Aviation Archive: Aviation Heritage

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Staff Canteen

Staff Canteen

Go back to the map or view all the records from this map.

G2737. This was originally the Bristol Engine Division at Patchway during the 1920's, situated on the corner of Gipsy Patch Lane and the A38. This photograph taken from Gipsy Patch Lane, shows the building in full view, with the name Bristol Aeroplane Company Limited fully visible. The company bowling green on the right hand side of the building. There was also a gardening club from 1925 - 1930. Cars of the era just visible at the back of the building. Notice the old gas streetlamp, next to the Royal Mail post box.
PublisherBristol Aeroplane Company Limited
ContributorRolls-Royce Heritage Trust
Creatorcorporatename - Bristol Aeroplane Company Limited
Datecreation - Circa 1920s
TypePhotographic prints - Black and White Photograph
Formatdimension.W - 235 mm
dimension.H - 183 mm
Identifier7215
SourceRolls-Royce Heritage Trust
LanguageEN
Relation
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Filton
RightsBristol Aeroplane Company/Rolls-Royce